This presentation will be an in-depth discussion of true ophthalmic emergencies along with identification, appropriate diagnostics, and treatment options.
Key Learning Objectives
- To identify and correctly treat a traumatic proptosis
- To identify and correctly treat an anterior lens luxation
- To identify an infected corneal ulcer and perform appropriate diagnostics/treatments
- To identify primary glaucoma and treat primary glaucoma appropriately
- To identify eyelid laceration and to repair laceration appropriately
- To identify corneal foreign bodies and/or corneal perforations and confidently determine next appropriate steps
Master Course in Ophthalmology
Welcome to the Vet Candy master course in ophthalmology. This program focuses on reinforcing the essentials of veterinary ophthalmology and includes expert tips from Dr. DJ Haeussler, board-certified veterinary ophthalmologist.
The course is divided into eight modules. Once the modules are completed, you will need to pass a quiz to receive continuing education credit. You will also receive a certificate of completion and tools to help celebrate and share your accomplishment.
The program is RACE and NYS-approved for veterinary continuing education.
The Esssentials of Veterinary Opthalmology
by DR. DJ Haeussler
Continuing Education Information
This program is approved by AAVSB RACE and New York State for veterinary and veterinary technician CE credit (1487-42479).
To get your CE credits:
- Watch the show
- Join VetCandy and Pass this short quiz
- Print or save your certificate
This program 1487-43779 is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 0.5 CE Credits, with a maximum of 0.5 CE Credits being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician/technologist. This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of medical and non medical using the delivery method of lecture/seminar .This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. This program is also approved in the State of New York for 0.5 CE Credits.